Recognized as a Top 50 Children’s Neurology & Neurosurgery Program by US News & World Report 2017-2018
When your child needs care, you want the very best medical team available. The Institute for Brain Protection Science (IBPS) was developed with your child in mind. We've brought together highly skilled pediatric specialists in neurology, neurosurgery, rehabilitative medicine, neuropsychology, developmental behavioral medicine and neuropathology to design individualized treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each child. In addition we collaborate with neurooncology and neuroradiology specialists to provide your child with a broad spectrum of care. With a full-range of services from diagnosis to follow-up, our team of skilled physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and technologists provides comprehensive care before, during and after hospitalization.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins All Children’s?
Our team will work closely with you and your primary care physician every step along your journey. We offer:
- Expertise in all areas of childhood developmental disorders, mental health, brain injury, rehabilitative care and pediatric neurological and neurosurgical diseases
- State-of-the-art, innovative tools and procedures, including a robotic-assisted stereotactic electroencephalogram (EEG), a minimally invasive way to identify the source of seizures in children with epilepsy and robotic epilepsy monitoring
- A comprehensive brain tumor program, specializing in a wide range of treatment options, including minimally invasive keyhole surgery
- Comprehensive Level IV Epilepsy Center and Pediatric Stroke Program that not only provide world-class clinical care, but also give patients and families access to the latest research developments and newest therapies
Your Guide To Care
Prepare for your child’s appointment at the Institute for Brain Protection Services with our Guide to Care. The guide can help you:
- Find tips on how to communicate with family and siblings
- Keep track of appointment dates and medications